Feel the warmth of the sun, listen to the romantic Italian language and feel the warm sea breeze on your skin. With your eyes closed and a mouth full of this healthy tiramisu, it almost feels like you’re in Italy. Say ciao to the traditional recipe and try this version with coconut milk and banana bread! It might take some more prep time, but it’s definitely worth it. Taste our crispy banana bread, dipped in some espresso with a big dollop of vegan mascarpone and a touch of cocoa powder to finish it off. Sounds good, right?
THE CLASSIS, REMASTERED
Even by writing this recipe we knew it had to taste good, but when we actually tasted this healthy tiramisu we were definitely SOLD! We couldn’t let you in the dark about this remastered classic, because it’s just that good. This recipe is enough for 4 people, so share this healthy recipe with anyone you like! Sharing is caring!
HEALTHY TIRAMISU WITH BANANA BREAD
We all know someone who doesn’t like to share food, even with their friends (get it?). If you feel like we’re talking about you, no worries! You can easily freeze both the banana bread as the vegan mascarpone for another time! That way, you and your healthy tiramisu are the showstopper of every get-together.
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED:
– A can of coconut milk (chilled overnight)
– 1/2 pack of vegan cream cheese, room temperature
– 2 tbsp maple syrup
– 1 pack SUNT banana bread
– 35 ml coffee/espresso, chilled
– Cocoa powder for dusting
– 4 (wine) glasses
8 hours and 5 min
8 hours and 35 min
- Put the can of coconut milk in the fridge for a minimum of 8 hours. You can easily chill it overnight.
- Scoop out the hard part in a bowl and save the water in the can. Use it in a smoothie later, for example.
- Mix the coconut cream until soft. Add the vegan cream cheese and the maple syrup. Taste if the vegan mascarpone has the right amount of sweetness and add more syrup if needed.
- Cut the banana bread in slices and after that into small sticks. You can use these straight away or toast them in the oven at 160 degrees Celsius for about 20-30 minutes.
- Dip the banana bread sticks into the coffee or espresso. Place the sticks in the bottom of each glass. Add a layer of cream, another layer of banana bread and another layer of cream. Make another layer if you have some elements left. Dust the top of every glass with some cocoa powder and ready is your tiramisu!
We stayed as true to the original recipe as possible, but you don’t have to! Try making a tiramisu with lemon juice instead of espresso and add some lemon curd. We dare you to change the game!
Written by: Laura Hoogland