Healthy cheesecake banana bread
Normally you wouldn’t use ‘healthy’ and ‘cheesecake’ in the same breath, but with this healthy cheesecake banana bread recipe we just did! Okay, okay, healthy is subjective , so let’s say it’s “healthier”. We are not saying you should wolf the entire thing down in one sitting (It’s tempting , we know), but we’re not stopping you either.
What makes this cheesecake banana bread healthy? We can see you struggle here.. We upgraded (or downgraded, in that matter) the original cheesecake which is full of butter and cream cheese. Because we use low-fat cottage cheese and do not add sugar, which immediately makes it a lot healthier and rich in protein!
This is how you make healthy cheesecake banana bread
Be warned; this recipe is not “easy peasy” or “on the table in a jiffy”, for those: you can always find the banana bread in the supermarket. Your kitchen is quite the *%$@ after baking this bananabread cheese cake, BUT it is absolutely worth it! Let us remind you that this healthy cheesecake banana bread is perfect for either breakfast, lunch or snack. You choose!
For the banana bread:
- 3 ripe medium bananas
- 3 eggs – 200 grams of oat flour
- Vanilla essence (AH)
- 100 grams of medjoul dates (soaked in hot water)
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Juice from half a lime
- Preheated oven 170 degrees
- Large baking tin (at least 21 cm)
For the cheesecake:
- 500 grams of low-fat cottage cheese
- 100 grams of cream cheese light
- 1.5 eggs
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Step 1: Puree the banana & dates.
- Step 2. Then add the 3 eggs and vanilla essence. Mix well
- Step 3. Add the oat flour and cinnamon to the banana mixture and mix well.
- Step 4. Finally, add the baking soda and lime juice to the whole. Let it fizz for a while and then stir well.
- Step 5. Mix all the ingredients for the cheesecake into a whole.
- Step 6: Pour half of your banana bread mixture into a baking tin lined with baking paper and then divide the cheesecake mixture over your banana bread batter in the baking tin.
- Step 7. Then pour the rest of the banana bread batter over the creemcheese and put your healthy cheesecake banana bread in the oven for 40-50 minutes.
TIP: After you have taken your healthy cheesecake banana bread out of the oven (and it’s cooled down a little), you should let it cool down further in the fridge to let it set. About an hour or 2. It takes a little patience with this recipe .. but once you sink your teeth into a healthy cheesecake banana bread then it is absolutely worth the messy kitchen and grunting stumach!
Not much of a hero in the kitchen and prefer an easy recipe? check out our vegan banana bread without sugar, drool-worthy garantueed!