Healthy breakfast; what to do with your somewhat old banana bread ?!
Banana bread crumble from the oven; breathe new life into your basic banana bread! A luxurious-minimum-effort-breakfast. (too) many online recipes sell their bananabread as the second to none treat in the world. That’s great and all, but we do not only make THE best healthy bananabread , we also offer you much needed tips and tricks. For example: what do you do with your banana bread that has been left in the fridge or cupboard for just a little too long? First rule: don’t throw it away !! That is SUNT ( or… a waste of good fricking food) ! You just saved a banana by making or buying a banana bread for a healthy breakfast, it would be a shame if that banana eventually ends up in the trash, right?! You can even use that left-over cotton-mouth banana bread in a healthy breakfast recipe. To start off with; this banana bread crumble from the oven with fruits.
HEALTHY BANANA BREAD CRUMBLE
Frankly, we underestimate how time flies every early morning and it’s darn difficult (read; impossible) to serve yourself a warm, first-rate healthy breakfast every morning. But when you do, on a lost Sunday morning, during me-time, do make this crumble! Crumble? in truth its just an upsidedown fruit pie. During the Second World War, this was a cheap alternative to a “real” cake in England. Believe us, this definitely lives up to a real cake. Another fun fact; this is also a healthy breakfast cake. That is, if you use a SUNT banana bread or recipe to crumble through it. It contains no butter or refined sugars. And be honest; doesn’t breakfast cake just sound to-die-for ?
THE BENEFITS OF BLUEBERRIES
Besides our love for blueberries, there are also a bunch of benefits to them. For starters, blueberries are a source of antioxidants, which means they help remove oxygen-free particles from your body. Ehm what now? They make you less likely to get wrinkles = less likely to be called granny any time soon! Blueberries make you feel and look younger. Aside from having a baby’s skin, blueberries also take care of you inside. They fight high blood pressures, improve concentration and help digest your food! If you are not convinced into making this banana bread crumble with blueberries by now, we take it as you just had a busy day 😉
WHAT YOU’LL NEED (8 servings)
- 150 gr SUNT banana bread
- 45 gr blueberries
- 40 gr maple syrup
- 30 gr coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 banana
- 120 gr strawberries
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 75 gr nuts of your choice
- 50 gr of oatmeal
- 75 ml of almond milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
1 hour and 5 min
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and spray a baking dish with baking spray.
- First, crumble half of the banana bread in a small bowl
- Then mix the nuts of your choice, oatmeal, cinnamon, baking powder, coconut flakes and a pinch of salt in a separate bowl.
- Put about two or three tablespoons of this mixture in a separate bowl and keep it for the second layer.
- Then mix in another bowl (we hope you have a dishwasher!) the almond milk, maple syrup and coconut oil. Mix well.
- Pour the almond milk mixture over the large bowl of dry ingredients and stir well.
- Thinly slice the banana and strawberries and spread them over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the banana bread-nut mixture over it.
- Add the crumbled banana bread.
- Finally sprinkle the blueberries and the remaining nut mixture without almond milk mixture over it.
Bake your banana bread crumble for 40-50 minutes in a preheated oven or until the top is nice and crispy.