Your Sunday morning breakfast, healthy French toast with a twist!
Healthy banana bread French toast! A delicious recipe for brunch, at a Sunday breakfast or just on a casual Monday morning, because why not, right? Perfect start of the week if you ask us. At least something to look forward to when the alarm clock brutally disrupts your beauty sleep on Monday morning. Important note: A pre-made (chocolate) banana bread is a requirement before you launch off your baking session. Is that just too much of a hassle? Let us do the hard work and get yourself our gluten-free, no sugar-added banana bread at your local supermarket!
Surprise your family OR yourself with this healthy French toast recipe
We mean treat yourself, right? Of course it’s a noble cause to make this recipe in order to feed the whole family, but me-time every now and then is just as important? Instead of an entire banana bread, use two slices (unless you’re very hungry, who is stopping you really? ;-)). Then, use 1 egg (or egg replacement), 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 75 ml unsweetened almond milk, a pinch of salt, 1 apple, 15 ml maple syrup, 10 gr almonds. And your one-(wo)man-winners-breakfast is served! Are you a minimum effort, maximum outcome kinda person ? Then we recommend to just fry them in a pan, way faster when you’re alone and you won’t need to look voor a mini baking tin!
- 1 classic SUNT banana bread
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 200 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 85 g honey maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 45 g almonds, roughly chopped
- First preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and set aside.
- Cut the banana bread into thick slices.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract and the salt. Soak the banana bread slices in the mixture for 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, cut the apples horizontally into rings.
- Place the slices one by one in the baking tin, with apple slices in between.
- Put the French toast in the oven for 45-50 minutes, the first half hour with aluminum foil over it. You can pour a little maple syrup over it to your own taste. Enjoy!
Add some extra thinly sliced banana as a topping! This will bring out the taste of the banana even more.